One of the most important things I’ve learnt since starting my freelance business is the importance of getting to know your client, their business and objectives right at the start of your journey together.
With this in mind I've put together a list of questions to help designer and client get to know each other better.
• Who is the target audience?
• Who are your main competitors?
• Where will the design be used? (eg. website, packaging, print)
• Do you have any styles or colours in mind?
• Are there any styles or colours to avoid?
• What is your brands message?
• What is your brand tone of voice? (eg. approachable, educational, compassionate)
• What are the approx dimensions of any printed materials?
• How many initial concepts would you like to see? (I'd recommend 2/3)
• What is the scope of the project / number of assets required?
If you'd like to know more about my work or have a project in mind please get in touch I'd love to hear from you.